Help Center - For Landlord
What is Background Check?
Background Check powered by RentPrep offers superior tenant screening service, all completed by FCRA Certified Screeners - something that not many other tenant screening companies can say.
Within the screening report, you are welcome to check :
- SSN Verification. This is an important step in verifying the identity of the applicant.
- Address History. RentPrep will provide address history so that you can verify the information matches up with what was provided on the rental application.
- National Eviction Search. RentPrep search databases to provide you with eviction history on your applicant. Screening report also includes data on evictions that we’re served but never fully processed. This is common in cases when a tenant pays rent late after being served a notice to quit.
- National U.S Criminal Search. RentPrep accesses all 50 states.
- U.S Sex Offender Search. Searches the national sex offender registry database providing you with the information about the offender status of your applicant.
- Global Homeland Search. Individuals or organizations included on the Global Homeland search may be involved in terrorist activities, money laundering, illegal imports, fraud against government agencies, violations of federal banking regulations, or drug trafficking.
- Bankruptcies Search. RentPrep will search nationwide databases to provide all reportable bankruptcies on your applicant.
For more information please go to:
Background Check: How do I screen a tenant?
Last updated :
Mar. 10th, 2020