How do I update my search preferences?
The "Search Preferences" option is an important part of your renter profile. It gives you the ability to specify what kind of rental you want to apply for.
First, go to your Renter Profile.
From a computer: Click your profile picture or username located in the top left corner of your dashboard.
From the App: Go to more in the menu and click Renter Profile.
Click on Search Preferences to edit them.
The status in your search preferences defines whether TenantCloud is assisting you in finding a new place. When the status "Looking for a place" is on:
- Landlords can invite a tenant to apply for their listings using the TenantMatch feature
- A tenant receives daily updates of new listings that match their search preferences
When the status "Looking for a place" is off:
- A tenant is not visible to landlords in the TenantMatch feature
- No notifications about new listings are sent to a tenant
Here's what you can specify in your search preferences to find the perfect rental for you:
- type of rental (apartment, condo, etc.)
- number of occupants
- your preferred move-in date
- monthly rent
- size (square feet)
- if the rental is pet-friendly
- if the rental is furnished
Note! The location field is required. Please enter a location before updating your search preferences.
If you click on Update, your search preferences will be saved.
Search preferences are synced with the filter in "Find a Place" to make searching for rentals easier. You can update your search preferences in the filter on the "Find a Place" page as well.
Learn more on How to Find a Place, the listing search tool.
Sept 27, 2021