How do I upload a verification document
Sometimes Dwolla's system will be unable to verify your identity using the information you provided during registration. If that happens, Dwolla may request a state or federally issued photo ID. Dwolla strives to strike a balance between security and convenience. To create the safest network possible, Dwolla verifies each person to ensure they are real and that they are the actual individual creating and using the Dwolla account.
Here are the forms of identification Dwolla accepts for verification:
- An unexpired, current, state-issued driver’s license or identification card
- A current US passport
This might be helpful:
Why am I being asked for more documentation?
If you are prompted to upload your ID or EIN document, go to the "Online Payments" settings, select the TCPayments option, and upload the necessary document:
Before uploading your photo ID, please ensure the following are accurate in the image:
- The name on the photo ID should match the name on your TCPayments account
- The image of your ID must be in color
- If your name, address, picture, or other pertinent information on the ID are unreadable or blacked out, Dwolla will be not able to verify the ID
- The file must be either a .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .pdf up to 10MB in size.
When a document has been manually reviewed by Dwolla, its status will be "reviewed". A reviewed document does not necessarily indicate that the customer has completed the identity verification process.
The reason an uploaded document was rejected can be:
- Scan Not Readable
- Scan Not Uploaded
- Scan ID Type Not Supported
- Scan Name Mismatch
Sep. 22, 2021